Ronald F. Wuerth
One City Square, Suite 315
Warren, MI 48093-5283
Phone: (586) 574-4687
Fax: (586) 574-4645
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Judith Hanna, Administrative Clerk Technician
Dewan Hassan, Planning Aide
Welcome to the City of Warren Planning Department. Our mission is to provide citizens and businesses easy access to information and links relating to approvals, projects and programs administered by various commissions and staff in planning, community and economic development.
Our hope is that you find this information valuable, streamlining the process in making the City of Warren a positive place to live and do business.
Under the direction of the Planning Commission, the Planning Department is charged with the responsibility of providing professional advice and service in implementation of the City's Master Plan. As key advisers to the Planning Commission, City Council and other City commissions and authorities, their goal is orderly and continued positive growth in the City of Warren.
The Planning Department serves as technical advisors and administrators in applying for:
• Zoning ordinance and map revisions related to Warren’s Master Plan.
• Site Plan approval for commercial, industrial and residential multiple family and site condominium developments.
• Site Plan amendments, special land uses, and outdoor retail sales.
• Land use (Zoning) amendments
• Vacations of public alleys, easements, walkways and right of ways.
• Lot splits and combinations
• Property plats.
• Studies related to transportation, recreation, and other land uses.
• Staff liaison to economic development programs for redevelopment such as the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, Downtown Development Authority, Community Development and Block Grant Program and the Tax Increment Finance Authority.
Planning Commission Regular Meeting Dates - 2014
Planning Commission meetings will be starting at 7 p.m. as of August 13, 2012
December 8, 2014
January 12, 2015
February 2, 2015
February 23, 2015
March 9, 2015
April 6, 2015
April 27, 2015
May 11, 2015
June 1, 2015
June 22, 2015
July 20, 2015
August 17, 2015
September 14, 2015
October 5, 2015
October 26, 2015
November 16, 2015
December 7, 2015
January 11, 2016
City of Warren Planning Links:
Building Division Zoning Board of Appeals Application and Instructions
Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
Downtown Development Authority (DDA)
Tax Increment Finance Authority (TIFA)
Brownfield Re-Development Authority (BRA)
For other Planning related information, click on the links below: