Dino Turcato, Associate Manager
News from the Department of Public Works
Due to the freeze and thaw conditions we are experiencing an abundance of potholes. We are focusing on the main roads first, then the half miles and side streets as priority.
DPW employees along with hired contractors are trimming city trees in the right of ways. All trimming is being done within the specifications outlined in the city ordinance.
Any potholes or trimming concerns can be reported to (586) 759-9270.
Please click here to view a map of the road maintenance responsibilities.
- All of Warren's 2012 road projects have been completed with the exception of the Ryan Road Bridge.
It has been a successful year and we apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused. We are looking forward to more road improvements in the spring of 2013.
(The following is a list of which roads the City of Warren or Macomb County is responsible for street sweeping, maintenance and snow removal.)
- Macomb County Roads - 10 Mile, 11 Mile Service Drive (Warner east to Merideth), 11 Mile Service Drive (RR Tracks Sherwood east to Hayes), 12 Mile, 14 Mile, Dequindre (10 Mile to 14 Mile), Hayes, Mound, Schoenherr. Total Lane Miles: 118.5
- State of Michigan Roads (Maintained by Macomb County) - Groesbeck, Van Dyke Avenue
- State of Michigan Roads (Maintained by Wayne County) - Eight Mile
- State of Michigan Roads (Maintained by MDOT) - Walter Reuther Freeway (I696) Total Lane Miles 88.98
(Listed below are the road responsibilities of the City of Warren, in priority order. Maintenance and snow removal are completed in this order.)
- City of Warren Roads
- Primary Roads - 9 Mile, Chicago Road, Chicago Road South, Hoover, Ryan, Old 13 Mile, 11 Mile Service Drive (Dequindre to Warner), 11 Mile Service Drive (Merideth east to the RR Tracks east of Mound), 13 Mile, Dequindre (8 Mile to 10 Mile). Total Lane Miles 124.78
- Secondary Roads - Arden, Beebe, Bunert, Civic Center, Common, Dawson, Engleman, Federal (Toepfer to 9 Mile), Frazho, Gloede, Kennedy, Lorraine, MacArthur, Mackersie, Marmon, Martin, Masonic, Milton, Sherwood, Stephens, Toepfer, Waltham, Warner, Washington. Total Lane Miles 145.12.
- Bridges - Bridges by their nature are separated from ground level and therefore are perpetually exposed to the elements on all sides. This condition causes them to "ice up" more quickly than the rest of the roadway system. Consequently, salting is required more often to abate icy, slippery conditions.
- School Access Routes - To be cleared after completion of major and secondary roads. NOTE: School Access Routes are not necessarily the streets in which students are pick up by the school bus. These roads typically are the road providing quick access for school buses from a secondary or primary road to the school.
- Residential Streets - To be cleared as equipment and manpower are available after primary, secondary, and school access routes are completed (as time remains after the above tasks are completed). This policy exists provided that snowfall exceeds approximately four and a half inches (4.5") in depth or extremely hazardous conditions exist for an extended period of time. No removal operations will occur if rapidly ascending temperatures are expected. Total Lane Miles 532.
Note: It should be understood that snowfalls that follow closely upon one another may disrupt the above-mentioned routine as efforts need to be diverted to a higher priority.