Stilwell Manor is a 120 unit low income apartment building owned and operated by the City of Warren for it's Senior Citizen population. The minimum age limit for residency is 60 years old. Applicants must have been a Warren resident for at least two years. Income cannot exceed $20,000 for a single person and $28,000 for a couple. This would include social security, pension and interest drawn from any interest bearing accounts. Assets are not taken into account when applying.
There are 90 one bedroom apartments, 24 efficiency apartments and 6 two bedroom apartments. All apartments are equipped with beautiful carpeting, paint, stove, self-defrosting refrigerator, garbage disposals and air conditioners.
- The one bedroom apartments rent for $400 per month. This includes all utilities except the telephone and cable television.
- The efficiency apartments are one large room combining the living room and bedroom. They have a full bath and kitchen like the one and two bedroom apartments. The rent is $305 per month. This also includes utilities except for telephone and cable.
- The two bedroom apartments are preferably rented to couples. In case of where there is not a couple, then the bedroom can be rented to a single person. This is very rare. The two bedroom apartments rent for $485 per month. This includes all utilities except telephone and cable.
There is a $160 non-refundable cleaning fee. The refundable security deposits once a person vacates the apartment are as follows.
- Efficiency Apartment is $458
- One Bedroom Apartment is $600
- Two Bedroom Apartment is $728
The lease is a month-to-month lease which is updated only when there is a change in the lease, such as a rent increase.
There is a pull cord in all bathrooms for medical emergencies. All pull cord and fire alarms are monitored by a monitoring company. All apartments are equipped with sprinkling system and smoke detectors, which are checked each year. A full service maintenance crew is available for inside apartment repairs.
There are two full size coin operated washers and dryers on each floor.
The one bedroom apartment is approximately 480 square feet. The efficiency apartment is 435 square feet. The two bedrooms are approximately 740 square feet. Very few 2-bedroom apartments available.
The SMART Connector bus offers site to site bus service within the city limits. Free bus tickets are available to every senior citizen and handicap person in the City of Warren. Fun senior activities and events are always going on at both senior complexes! On-site spacious libraries are free of charge and open to all residents.
If you would like more information or would like to tour our facility, please give us a call at (586) 758-1310.
Lobby and Hallway:
2016 Christmas Party: