One City Square Suite 205
Warren, MI 48093-2393
Clerk's office hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- IMPORTANT VOTER INFORMATION FOR CITY COUNCIL DISTRICTS 1 & 4 ONLY
- Click here to view the map of the City Council Districts.
- VIEW ALL Warren voting precincts here by MAP.
- VIEW YOUR sample ballot and precinct location here.
Absent Voter Ballot Application
Michigan law requires that a new application be completed for each election for which an absentee ballot is needed. If you have not received your application, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (586) 574-4557. Absent Voter Applications resemble an oversized post card. Be sure to sign the card, check the reason why you are requesting an absentee ballot, fold it in half, attach postage stamp where indicated, and return it to the City Clerk's Office. Registered voters who wish to receive an Absent Voter Ballot may request an application by contacting the City Clerk's Office at (586) 574-4557; visiting the City Clerk's Office at City Hall or by clicking HERE to print an Absentee Voter Application (PDF).
Polls are open on Election Day from 7:00 am until 8:00 pm. Also, the Clerk's office is open the Saturday prior to any election from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. for absentee ballot requests.
The City Clerk is elected by the citizens for a four-year term. The Clerk is custodian of most papers, documents and records which pertain to the City of Warren. The Clerk certifies by signature all Ordinances, Resolutions and other actions of the City Council of which a public record is kept and made available. The Clerk is also an ex-officio member of the Police and Fire Civil Service Commission. The Clerk is further required to administer any oath required for Municipal purposes and issues such licenses and permits as required by the Ordinances of the City of Warren. As the Chief Election Officer of the City, the City Clerk administers all Federal, State, School and Local Elections.
Register to Vote:
You can register to vote at the City Clerk's Office or it can be done by mail. Call us to receive a self-mailer registration form. After completing the form, mail it to the above address.
Birth and Death Certificates [Birth Certificate Form] [Death Certificate Form]
Birth certificates are available at the City Clerk's Office if the person was born in Warren. Death certificates are available at the City Clerk's Office if the person died in Warren. The cost for birth and death certificates are $7.50 for the first copy and $3.00 for extra copies. Seniors pay $2.00 for their birth certificates and get a 20% discount for the death certificate of their spouse.
Dog Licenses [Dog License Form]
Dog licenses can be obtained at the City Clerk's Office in person or by mail. The cost depends on whether the dog is spayed or neutered and how long the rabies shot is valid.
- One Year Rabies:
- Spayed/neutered $3.00 | Senior Citizens $2.40
- Not spayed/neutered $5.00 | Senior Citizens $4.00
- Three Years Rabies:
- Spayed/neutered $8.00 | Senior Citizens $6.40
- Not Spayed/neutered $10.00 | Senior Citizens $8.00
You need to send the following to get a dog license by mail:
- The original rabies certificate.
- A check made out to the City of Warren for the cost of the license.
- A daytime phone number in case we have any questions.
The rabies certificate will be returned along with the receipt and dog tag.
Garage Sale Permits [Garage Sale Permit Form]
If you want to have a garage sale, a permit is required. Two garage sales per calendar year are allowed; with a limit of four days per occurrence. Please be advised your garage sale may or may not be posted on your City of Warren cable channel for advertising depending upon date received.
- There is no charge for a garage sale permit. A simple application must be completed.
- A garage sale permit can be obtained through the mail or by fax.
- Call the City Clerk's Office to have an application mailed or faxed to you.
- The homeowner address and sale date will be posted on the City's Website.
City Code of Ordinances:
To gain access to the City Code of Ordinances - please click here Warren City Codes,
Business licensing is handled by the City Clerk's Office.
Method of Payment:
Fees for birth or death certificates, or dog licenses must be paid with cash or check. Credit cards are NOT accepted.